JOIN THE DISCUSSION!
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL FOR THE Fringe Festival 2018,
18-20th of October at THE FOUNDRY.
Our goal for this years festival is to raise an interdisciplinary discussion about the issue of inclusivity within the service design industry.
Your proposal will help us define and curate a programme of events that will be taking place at our HUB, THE FOUNDRY*.
*If you are also looking to put on a satellite event in your own studio (for example) during the festival, then we will be happy to support promote & we can also offer basic signposting through our website
EXPLORE THE KEY THEMES OF THIS YEAR FESTIVAL
Making change happen
with Service Design
How to bring the whole organisation with you on a journey to make a positive change happen?
• Making good design visible.
How do you showcase the diverse range of internal and external work?
• Understanding what positive change looks like Looking beyond the standard measurements and frameworks.
• The soft skills needed to make positive change happen
• Making digital more inclusive
How do we build and improve informed consent at scale? How can leaving services be made easier? How can we making the internet less addictive?
2. Designing with people
on the fringes
of Service Design
• Working closely with service users
How do we know we’re creating a positive impact with service design on the lives of young people, older people and parents/ guardians?
• Raising awareness of personal finance for financial inclusion
• Understanding designing within different cultures
• Creating opportunities for marginalised people & communities
• Showcase of impactful work of organisations who don’t have service designers but practice service design
3. The future
of Service Design practice
• Defining ethics and responsibility for designing effective services.
Might we need regulations? And when is it right for an outside agency to push back?
• Showcasing different pathways into service design.
The stories of how people got to where they are.
• What people are currently doing to hire diverse teams
and make service design more inclusive.
How do we measure the impact and learn from it?
• What are the roles of service designers within organisations today and where are future opportunities?
• What would service design of tomorrow look like to create the most impact.
• Start designing with the environment in mind.